Benefits of improving performance
The benefits of improved performance are many and varied.
When the business performance improves you gain:
- Faster and better decision making
- Better allocation of limited resources
- Better customers who remain loyal longer and spend more
- More consistency of projects delivering what they should
- More repeatability of processes
- Less waste; less rework; less hassle
- Better cash flow
- Better leaders
- Better managers
- Better teams with more capable people
Ultimately, good performance means getting stuff done.
Advantages of improving performance
When you improve performance:
- Marketing and Sales will better understand Operations
- Quality will become more repeatable
- Projects are delivered on time
- Cash flows are improved
- The organisation structure suits the business' needs.
When your business does this:
- Customer promises can be met more consistently
- Leaders and managers can perform their roles more effectively
- Projects and processes deliver as expected, more consistently
Organising for Success
Based on your business' unique situation you may find that there are a number of leadership and management challenges.
Organising for success will allow you to focus on those areas where the most help is needed and which will be most beneficial.
One size does not fit all. This means your performance improvement project could take any number of forms and could take from a few days to a few months to complete.
We could help you to:
- Help your leaders be better leaders
- Define how to allow the staff to develop and thrive
- Create processes that give visibility of what's going on
- Become clear about which projects to approve
- Ensure that projects deliver on time, cost and quality, and to their original purpose
- Build a streamlined customer to cash process
- Establish an organisation structure that can own the business processes
- Define and implement governance processes
Need some help with your business performance?
At Roaring Success, we assist our clients to achieve their full potential by helping to improve business performance.
We don’t dictate. Instead, we facilitate by guiding you through a proven process that allows you and your team to make better decisions. This team-based approach ensures your management team fully understands the intent of the performance improvement process and are truly committed to implementation effort required.
Is your team productive or just busy?
Does your business rely on business processes or expediters?
Business performance is challenged by many things:
- Customer promises that can't be met
- Leaders that may not be leading
- Governance for conformance rather than outcomes
- Broken processes
- Inappropriate or non-existent job roles
- Working to different goals
Poor performance will ultimately manifest into weak sales, reduced profitability and challenging cashflows.
Are you happy that you have the performance challenges in your business covered?
Performance is everything.
The right people doing the right jobs in the right way will greatly impact results that you want.
A team of smart, capable people working on the right things will outperform a group of averagely engaged people every time.
Clarity of purpose, the right skills, motivation and effective feedback are major contributors towards your business' performance.
Easier said than done.
Perhaps your team might want to focus on:
- Creating processes that give visibility of what's going on
- Defining how to allow the staff to develop and thrive
- Being clear about which projects to approve
- Ensuring that projects deliver on time, cost and quality, and to their original purpose
- Building a streamlined customer to cash process
- How to manage all the activities so that cash flow and profits are good
- Establishing an organisation structure that can own the business processes
- Defining and implementing governance processes